Skip to main content

Student Accessibility Services

Open Main MenuClose Main Menu


This policy is only applicable to students who are registered and active with Student Accessibility Services.

Students having any issues receiving accommodations or trouble resolving accommodation related issues with faculty or staff can make a written grievance statement with the Office of Student Accessibility Services (SAS). This procedure allows SAS to advocate on the student’s behalf. This can be done through the SAS department email,

  1. SAS will encourage the student to resolve disputes at the informal level first by speaking directly to the faculty or staff member involved.
  2. Should the student not be able to resolve the situation with the staff, faculty, or department, the student will need to submit in writing the following information to SAS:
    1. Name of the person or department involved.
    2. Course name and number if it is involving a professor.
    3. Date situation occurred.
    4. If relevant, the location of the incident/situation.
    5. A brief synopsis of what occurred.
    6. The desired outcome. (Example: Able to retake exam with the accommodations).
  3. SAS will contact the faculty, staff member, or department involved to discuss the grievance.
  4. If a satisfactory resolution cannot be achieved, the student will contact the head of the department involved.


Jamie Milek
Dir EO/Title IX Coor
401 General Academic Building
Oklahoma State University
Phone: (405) 744-1156

If a student is not satisfied with the response they receive from the University, they may file a complaint with any of the following agencies:

  • U.S. Department of Education
    One Petticoat Lane
    1010 Walnut St, Suite 320
    Kansas City, MO 64106
    Phone: (816) 880-4090 (v)/(800) 877-8339 (TDD)
    Facsimile: (816) 823-1404

  • U.S. Department of Justice
    Civil Rights Division
    950 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
    Disability Rights Section-NKAV
    Washington, DC 20530
    Phone: (800) 514-0301 (v)/(800) 514-0383 (tty)

Back To Top
SVG directory not found.